Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ecuadorian Lunch

I'm thrilled to announce that I will be hosting an Ecuadorian Lunch at Vincent's Bistro (in the Green Mountain Technology and Career Center adjacent to my school, Lamoille Union) on May 15th. The teacher of culinary arts has offered me the use of his kitchen and the help of his students for the event which is an amazing gift. I can't wait to cook with them!

 The lunch will include a four course meal of traditional Ecuadorian food. Chicken or lentil stew (depending on whether you prefer vegetarian or meat) will make up the main course with empanadas as an appetizer, fresh salad with cilantro-lime dressing and coconut flan for dessert. I did a trial run of the recipes a few weeks ago and they are delicious!

 If you are interested in coming, please let me know. The suggested donation is $10 and you can pay at the door, but it would be great if you could make a reservation beforehand so we know how much food to make. The lunch will be in two shifts during lunches 1 and 2 at the school which are from 11:30-11:50 and 11:55-12:15.




No comments:

Post a Comment