Sunday, August 11, 2013

An incredible gift, and new inspiration...

"You've almost achieved your goal, now it's time to make it bigger," my godfather, Artemis Joukowsky, told me yesterday. We were talking about fundraising and how I've almost raised enough money to cover my tuition, airfare, required expenses and equipment for Kroka. I'm almost done, and yet, in truth, it is just the beginning. Artemis is right, it is time to make my fundraising goals reach beyond my journey and start giving back. To this end, he will match every dollar I raise at the Ecuadorian dinner and silent auction!

 I never dreamed I would be able to raise more money than I needed to go to Kroka, but if the Ecuadorian dinner and silent auction this Friday is successful, I can pass my goal. I have less than $1,000 left to raise in order to cover the costs of the semester, and if I can raise more between now and August 31st, we will have a gift to bring to Ecuador, or to the community back home. There are millions of ways this gift can be manifested, and I may not know what the best gift is until after the semester, but I wanted to let you all know that my fundraising has taken on a new level of potential. Through your generosity, I may have the opportunity to give back to my community, and/or the Ecuadorian community I will soon be joining. So onward and upward!

I'm excited to share with you a two minute snippet of Artemis' film Two Who Dared which tells the story of his grandparents who dedicated their lives to rescuing refugees during the second World War, at the dinner this Friday. If you are interested, you can stay after dinner to watch the film in its entirety. Copies of the film will also be in the silent auction. To learn more about the film and the mission behind it, follow this link: http://www.twowhodared.com

If there's any chance you or your friends can come to the dinner, I'd like to get a head count by 2:00 PM tomorrow, so please send me an email (singforjoy7@gmail.com). Let's keep spreading the love, the joy and the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment